Eat healthy, live well
Leading a healthy lifestyle is important. It includes having a good diet, exercise and a work-life balance. Eating well and looking after your body and mind has numerous benefits increasing productivity at work and at home, boosting energy levels, reducing stress and increasing happiness and general wellbeing.
Here at Express Vending, we promote and encourage healthy living through the products we supply and also across the company to our colleagues. For example, we host popular weekly cycling exercise classes for staff.
People are increasingly paying attention to what they eat and exercise. A healthy diet is key. Poor diet and obesity can lead to long-term illnesses; we want to help people have long and healthy lives.
We provide healthy options for companies and their staff to enjoy. We continually look to expand our healthy offer and consult with nutritionists, specialist companies and our clients on how we can best serve those using our machines. Clients can also access direct support from our nutritionists on request.
We offer a range of healthy alternatives, all packaging has nutritional value and we have machines that provide on-screen colour-coded nutrition information.
Click on our Healthy Vending page for more information.
Healthy Eating - Basic Guidlines
- Base meals on starchy foods such as cereals, wholegrain bread, pasta, rice and potatoes
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables, at least five potions and ideally 7 – 9 portions
- Eat at least 2-3 portions of fish a week and choose oily fish (such as mackerel and salmon) Eat sustainable fish where possible!
- Cut down on saturated fat and sugar so less fatty meats, fried food, cheese and butter
- Eat less salt - no more than 6g a day. Do this by not adding salt to food
- Be active and maintain a healthy weight
- Drink plenty of water and keep hydrated
- Don't skip breakfast! It kick starts your metabolism and sets you up for the day