Award winning refreshment solutions in the workplace
Area Service Manager
To manage a team of field based service engineers. The Area Service Manager will have solid decision-making abilities and the ability to multi-task effectively. In delegation, the Area Service Manager is responsible for checking on the quality, progress, and outcome of the work carried out by the team. The Area Service Manager will be a team player, be professional and positive, use integrity & initiative, be able to communicate / present information effectively and motivate self and team. The Area Service Manager will lead by example. It is also expected that the Area Service Manager will have exceptional fault diagnostic skills and the ability to train others to reach this standard. The Area Service Manager will be familiar with the normal office programmes, i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc. along with in house software. The Area Service Manager will look for ways to help develop the business.
Reports to: Technical Service Manager.
Location: As per contract of employment
Department: Service Department
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- To provide a high quality service to all our customers and actively contribute to the overall improvement of the business.
- Train new and existing team members, asses additional training needs, arrange external training if required
- Allocating jobs and workloads.
- Completing team-related paperwork
- Provide technical support / service call absence cover to a team of engineers.
- To assist in fault diagnosis when needed and to aid the engineer in resolving faults not to repair them himself but rather to aid / teach others.
- Client liaison
- Manage engineers’ holiday entitlement / holiday allocation; ensure that adequate holiday / absence cover is in place.
- Maintain agreed service level targets
- Produce weekly reports for Head Of Technical Services
- Organise and chair monthly engineers meetings
- Arrange 1 to 1 meetings with engineers to discuss any issues arising and review / appraise performance
- Attend monthly meetings with members of Senior Management Team as required and report on matters pertinent to their role within the Management Team, use of Power Point for presentations is essential.
- Attend manufacturer meetings with Senior Management Team.
- Actively support all other Technical Services Team leaders in reaching their targets.
- To diagnose and repair faults on a complete range of Vending Equipment
- To ensure that whenever possible all work is completed at the first visit ensuring that every effort is made to prevent further breakdowns. If a return visit is necessary to complete any work the return visit must be carried out at the soonest opportunity.
- Continually review multiple fault equipment and ensure that any machine that displays persistent breakdowns is given the highest priority regarding repair
- To ensure that you always have on the job access to the technical manuals/documentation relevant to the equipment that you are servicing/maintaining.
- To hold and maintain the required level of spare parts on your vehicle when instructed
- To form and maintain a close working relationship with colleagues, in own and other departments, and clients with a view to providing the best possible service to our clients
- To attend various Training Courses to assist you to maintain the highest standard of workmanship.
- Willing and able to work on your own initiative.
- Maintain good customer relations by adopting a pleasant manner at all times. Adhere to customer procedures e.g. entry/exit from premises & Health & Safety Policies where appropriate.
- Be aware of any potential cases of customer dissatisfaction and take appropriate action to avoid the potential becoming actual dissatisfaction.
- Deal with any complaints in an appropriate manner and ensure that they are addressed as quickly as possible reporting incidents of customer dissatisfaction to your line manager.
- Ensure that all relevant company documentation is fully completed and returned to your Line Manager as requested each week and month to Head Office on time.
- Maintain your vehicle in a road worthy condition in accordance with Company procedures. Ensure that your vehicle is kept clean and tidy both inside and out.
- Ensure that your personal appearance is kept to the standard required by the Company. It is expected that a business suit will be worn at all times other than when it is known that this would be inappropriate.
- Ensure that you comply with all Company and Statutory regulations regarding Health and Safety. To make yourself aware and observe all relevant health and safety rules and procedures on customer sites.
- Ensure that the Head of Technical Services is kept full informed of any issues, either customer or staff related.
- Use computer or IT equipment proficiently.
- Drive carefully and considerately at all times
These opportunities could truly change your life and career so if you want to earn an excellent salary whilst you learn and be part of a real success story then please send your CV and a covering letter by email to: Andrew Jones
Why choose Express Vending?
With Express Vending, we ensure total customer satisfaction every time. Not only do our machines provide a range of coffees and hot drinks to rival the high street, but they’re easy to use and maintain.
We want to make sure that you’re happy with your coffee machine or vending system, so we go the extra mile to find you the right solution at the right price. We’ll even help you find the optimum place to situate it, and can help with the cleaning and refills.